Accepting Writers for a Collaborative Website Project

by multilingualmania on August 27, 2010

in Web Resources

Working Together Teamwork Puzzle ConceptWe are excited to announce that we are kicking off a new website project and are accepting writers who would like to participate. We are calling the project a “collaborative writing project” because we are using a collaborative compensation structure as we build the website and we’re interested in welcoming writers who wish to collaborate and network with other writers in order to enhance our writing as well as promote one another. To date 12 members have joined our collaborative writing project and we are now extending the opportunity to others who might be interested.

The topic of the website is not about multilingualism per se, but it will be a website about Latina/o issues. You definitely don’t need to be Latina/o to participate; in fact, the partnership here at Multilingual Mania is a cross-cultural mix of White and Latina partners. Now we are branching into other websites, the first including a website about Latina/o issues and welcome those who would like to participate. Additional topics will be forthcoming.

Here is how it works initially: Writers will write content (we will give more information to those of you who would like additional information). At first we will share in the ad revenue from google adsense that is generated off of the pages written by you. We are offering to all writers who join our collaborative team before November 1st a whooping percent of 75% of the ad revenue generated, while the remaining 25% will be reinvested back into the site to eventually pay bonuses to writers. After November 1st the ad sharing percentage will decrease. As of now we are slowly including investors who will be sponsoring bonuses for articles with the highest page views per month. Our eventual goal is to be able to pay varying gradations of bonuses per month for every writer, in addition to the ad revenue share that they receive.

The success of this project includes a dedicated team of writers who are working together to share resources with one another as well as promote the content written by other team members. We are seeking writers who are committed to writing at least two articles per month (with the beginning articles consisting of biographies that are not very complex in format). In addition, we are seeking team members who will network with one another and promote one another, because there is more strength in a team than in individual people. Even if you are not an extremely experienced writer, what counts to us is that you will accept feedback and also strive to improve your craft through practice.

Writers will be paid once a month through paypal (or an alternate arrangement, but paypal preferred) and once writers have earned $500 they are required to fill out a W2 form.

We have many plans to expand the collaborative to include other websites with other content. The initial project that we are working on will have all content in English and Spanish. Spanish submissions are accepted since we will have a Spanish editor and we will assist with the translation to English if necessary. All English articles submitted will be translated into Spanish. We are also accepting those who do not wish to write, but wish to translate English articles into Spanish with the same format of ad revenue sharing compensation.

All writers who wish to have their bio included with their writing may do so and a link can also be included back to a personal site or blog.

If you are interested in the project, please send an email of interest to writingcollaborative(at)gmail.com and we will send additional information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Liz Picco September 2, 2010 at 9:29 am

Hello,

Am very interested in your new project and would appreciate receiving additional information. I’m currently working with an editor on revising my Young Adult novel, Guacamole with Feta Cheese while also translating materials for non-profit agencies.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Liz

Karen Vargo September 5, 2010 at 5:10 am

I am very interested in joining your project. I am an American living in Spain, also teaching in a bilingual school and raising my kids bilingual. I have published articles here in Spain on various subjects, mostly teaching methods, as well as more technical aspects of language learning. This year I will finally have some time to dedicate myself to projects such as these, I look forward to collaborating.

Un Saludo,

Karen

Willie December 6, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Hello,

My name is Willie. I would like to be part of your team. I can write in Spanish and in English. I am writing right now for a local bilingual newspaper.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: